Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update

I figure it's been awhile so I'll post an update on my life. Unfortunately I tooted the horn a little premature (problem I have) about LOTOJA. It turns out that I did NOT get a spot. Which would have been fine if I could have found out a little sooner than the day AFTER registration had closed. I would have liked to at least try to get in through the lottery, but oh well. Maybe it was all meant to be because just last Friday I found out that my contract with the Davis County School District will not be renewed. So I'm looking for a job again. I'm glad at least that I have about three and a half months to look. I'm just not looking forward to looking. I love my job right now. Special Education is a hard job, but it's really satisfying too (the thought of having all summers off didn't hurt either). I totally dropped the ball on the 10 year reunion because of the stress of possibly losing my job (I've know that 1 year hires might not get their contract renewed for a couple of months now). Anywho. Life just barrels on regardless of the feeling that I've been left in the dust. I'm a positive person though. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I'm a firm believer in Karma (so if anyone needs their lawn mowed or something like that, I could stand to earn some brownie points). Things will get better. I just hate the thought of leaving a really good job for one that I'm might not like as much. So here's to hopping, and yes I spelled that right.

PS I finally found out what's wrong with my wrist. I have what's called gymnast wrist. Which explains a lot. I know I don't do gymnastics while I'm awake, so I must be doing it in my sleep which explains why I wake up so tired all the time. Two birds one stone.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ha ha! The gymnast thing makes me laugh. I swear Caleb has that too, but he really is doing gymnastics when he is awake. Sorry for the job thing, it will work out the way it is supposed to though. I don't think I'd be able to stay as positive as you though, way to be!